Innovators highlight the importance of technology, data, innovation and research in creating housing of the future.
Hanley Wood and its flagship BUILDER platform, the premier data, media, event, and strategic marketing services enterprise serving the residential, design, and commercial construction industries, is pleased to announce this year’s HIVE 50 Honorees, who were celebrated at the fourth annual HIVE Conference in Austin, Texas, on December 4-5.
“Housing faces ever-more urgent crises—a widening affordability gap, climate collapse, and a shrinking, aging human talent base—that only innovation can alter, so it’s imperative we recognize, salute, and nurture transformative work that promises action and progress now and in the future,” said John McManus, vice president and editorial director of the residential group at Hanley Wood. “Our Hive 50 honorees each reflect courage to commit, to invest in, and to lead change where change where we sorely need change. Their innovations inspire, they motivate, and they empower us, and we celebrate their achievements and look forward to their success.”
The HIVE 50 are drawn from the top people, products and processes that are leading the charge to inspire creativity, higher performance, and innovation in housing. This year’s honorees are separated represent five categories – design, building technology, capital commitment, customer intelligence, and business and consumer strategy. Honorees include:
- Andersen Easy Connect Joining System
- Austin Energy Green Building
- B-Austin Community by SAMdorosa Communities and Clark|Richardson Architects
- Backyard BI(h)OME by Kevin Daly Architects
- Beach Green Dunes by Bluestone Organization
- Bill Sorro Community by Kennerly Architecture & Planning
- Blockhouse | Life
- Century Partners
- Clayton Homes
- Dendo Drive House by Mitsubishi
- Divvy Homes
- EcoHouse by Atelier Vibeke Licthen
- Ecological Living Module by Gray Organschi Architecture
- Hayward Score
- Home Partners of America
- Howick by Autodesk
- Infinite panel from Clark Pacific
- InNOVAte 2019 Challenge from Saint-Gobain and CertainTeed
- Intelligent Structural Panel by WZMH Architects
- Ivory Prize for Housing Affordability
- Kin by Tishman Speyer and Common
- Millie by Zego
- MNMMOD Building Solutions by Minarc
- Multifamily Executive Concept Community by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill and Amli Residential
- Nest Toolkit by Brooks + Scarpa
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Oakpark Housing by Johnsen Schmaling Architects
- Oceanix by Bjarke Ingels Group
- Optima DCH Global Building System
- RAAD Studio Beach House
- Reynolds Landing from Signature Homes
- Studio 804
- Tiny Tower by Interface Studio Architects
- Water Resource Recovery Center the American Geophysical Union
- Williams Robotics
- Zero Mass Water
This year’s honorees were recognized at the HIVE 50 Honors dinner that took place during the HIVE conference at the JW Marriott Austin Downtown on December 4, 2019. There was also a Peoples’ Choice award based on votes from the community—the poll was open to anyone who would like to vote for their favorite HIVE 50 Innovator, the winner mnmMOD Building Solutions by Minarc was announced at the dinner.
HIVE is supported by title and underwriting sponsor, Samsung, and founding sponsor DuPont.
About Hanley Wood (Metrostudy/Zonda)
Hanley Wood, represents the housing industry’s leading provider of rich data, backed by Zonda and Metrostudy, and the industry’s top advisors for residential real estate development and new home construction. With products and services geared for homebuilders, multifamily developers, lenders, and financial institutions, we provide innovative solutions to maximize opportunities in today’s real estate development landscape.
Hanley Wood’s BUILDER is the leading authority in the residential construction industry and serves as the magazine of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). For more than three decades, BUILDER has provided essential news, information and resources about products, technologies, trends, regulatory requirements and best practices to help home building professionals succeed in today’s market.