We, Rowan Media Group Ltd, John Eccles House, Robert Robinson Avenue, Oxford Science Park, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX4 4GP, United Kingdom, registered in England and Wales under No. 12671789, ICO Registration No. ZA781072, collect, use and share the MILESTONES | in business (MIB) users’ personal information to maintain the website in a working condition. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 as well as General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Bill 2017-2019, Rowan Media Group Ltd acts as the ‘data controller’ of the users’ personal information.
Personal Information Collection and Use
Information posted on the MIB website is publicly available. Our servers are located in Germany, and we assure you that we will hold and transmit your information in a safe, confidential and secure environment in compliance with the British and EU laws.
We collect and store the following personal information:
- email address and contact information;
- computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the MIB website and post data through cookies;
- other information, including users IP address and standard web log information.
We use users’ personal information:
- to provide our services;
- to resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- to encourage safe trading and enforce our policies;
- to customise users’ experience;
- for on-site marketing purposes.
No personal information is stored after users delete their personal accounts after a period of time set in the British and EU laws.
We do not sell or rent MIB users’ personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without users’ explicit consent.
However, we may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements or enforce our policies if a listing or article content violates our or others’ rights.
We may also share personal information with service providers who engage in customer support (e.g. process transactions).
MIB users agree to receive occasional marketing communications from us via e-mail unless they indicate that they prefer not to receive such communications.
Users shall not send spam to, or collect personal information from, other users.
MIB users can view, edit or delete their posts through the dashboard or through the edit link sent via e-mail. Users must log in to edit their posts.
We protect MIB users’ personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, MIB users can exercise the following rights with regard to their personal data storage, maintenance and processing:
- The right to be informed of how their personal data is stored, maintained and processed.
- The right to access information held about them.
- The right to rectify their personal data if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
- The right to erasure (delete or remove) their personal data.
- The right to restrict (block) processing (when processing is restricted, we will store your personal data, but not further process it).
- The right to data portability (by obtaining and reusing personal data for their own purposes across different services, e.g. by transferring data from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability).
- The right to automated decision making including profiling.
- The right to withdraw consent to direct marketing (by contacting us at email@example.com).
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (e.g. Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom) if they have a concern about our information rights practices.
This policy is effective 10 October 2020.