Monthly spending on e-commerce channel ads (ECA) increased 5 times since January 2018.
According to the Kenshoo Q4 2018 Quarterly Trends Report, advertisers are now taking advantage of targeted ad types and audiences across social media, especially across the Facebook ecosystem, which helps them achieve their goals with less incremental investment.
Key findings of the research:
- Monthly spending on ECA increased 5X since January 2018.
- The majority of Instagram spending growth is coming from advertisers who have been on Instagram for at least five quarters.
- Three out of every four search shopping impressions occur on a mobile phone.
- Pinterest spending grew by 58% in Q4 compared to the previous quarter, while engagement increased ahead of the holiday season.
- Social spending increased 31% YoY and 19% quarter-over-quarter (QoQ).
- Social impressions increased 15% YoY and 1% QoQ.
- Social clicks increased 8% YoY and decreased 8% QoQ.
- Social CTR decreased 4% YoY and 8% QoQ.
- Social cost-per-thousand (CPM) impressions increased 14% YoY and 18% QoQ.
- Paid search spending increased 14% YoY and 19% QoQ.
- Paid search impressions increased 47% YoY and 31% QoQ.
- Paid search clicks increased 31% YoY and 16% QoQ.
- Paid search CTR decreased 12% both YoY and QoQ.
- Paid search CPC decreased 13% YoY and increased 2% QoQ.